• TEEN LINE is a confidential hotline for teenagers which operates every evening from 6:00pm to 10:00pm PST. If you have a problem or just want to talk with another teen who understands, then this is the right place for you! You can call them at 800-TLC-TEEN (852-8336), texting “TEEN” to 839863 or email: https://teenlineonline.org/talk-now/. TEEN LINE also offers message boards, resources and additional information.
• NO BULLY is a non-profit organization that trains schools how to activate student compassion to stop bullying and cyberbullying. The non-punitive No Bully System® has created bully-free campuses for over 100,000 students: https://www.nobully.org/
• EDUTOPIA information page: https://www.edutopia.org/article/bullying-prevention-resources
• CYBER BULLYING: A Complete Resource Guide: http://backgroundchecks.org/cyber-bullying-helping-the-bullied-stopping-the-bullies.html
TRANSGENDER/GENDER NONCONFORMING CARE:
• A GUIDE TO TRANSGENDER AND GENDER NONCONFORMING PEOPLE helps people of all gender identities and experiences practice more care toward those on the margins: https://radicalcopyeditor.com/2017/08/31/transgender-style-guide/
• POSITIVE IMAGES provides support and advocacy to Sonoma County’s LGBTQIA+ adults (particularly young adults), and educate the greater community. Support groups available for all ages: https://posimages.org/
• TRANSLIFE provides a yearly Community Conference and Professional Symposium to “foster a vibrant, healthy, and responsive community of, for, and by our transgender/gender-nonconforming population, those who love them, and those who serve them. The outcome of these two events is strengthened social networks, deeper community engagement, and increased skills across all three of these groups.” (Santa Rosa): https://translifeconference.org/
• THE LOS ANGELES GENDER CENTER provides an environment of support, understanding, and safety while helping people explore issues of gender and sexuality. LAGC specializes in gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sexuality, relationships, and intimacy. LAGC collaborates with their clients to embrace the challenges and to celebrate the richness of exploring the multiple facets of their lives: http://www.lagendercenter.com/index.php
• GENDER SPECTRUM’s mission is to create a gender-inclusive world for all children and youth. To accomplish this, we help families, organizations, and institutions increase understandings of gender and consider the implications that evolving views have for each of us: https://www.genderspectrum.org/
Additional Resources: https://www.genderspectrum.org/resources/
• You and Your Gender Identity (Dara Hoffman-Fox, LPC) Check out Dara’s website also: http://discoveryourgenderidentity.com
• Zander Keig, LCSW has put together an extensive FTM book list…CLICK HERE.
BOOKS FOR COUPLES:
• THE GROUP PSYCHOTHERAPY ASSOCIATION OF LOS ANGELES (GPALA) seeks to advance training, research, education, consultation in group psychotherapy. They also have a “Find A Group” feature for the greater Los Angeles area: http://gpala.org/