WELCOME. I am a licensed psychologist (PSY28354) offering in person and secure video sessions for couples, adult individuals and teens. This site is designed to provide you with information to help you make a more informed choice in your search for the right therapist. I am also available for an introductory phone consultation, at no charge, to meet and respond to any specific questions you may have.
My practice focuses on the following problems and areas for growth for individuals and couples:
- Couples who are struggling with fixed and repetitive conflict, poor communication, emptiness and boredom, not feeling valued by one another, sexual problems, and a lack of spontaneity and passion
- Anxiety, panic attacks, worry, and obsessional thinking
- Depression, mood instability, and mood swings
- LGBTQ affirmative care, with a special focus on diverse gender identities/expressions, including transgender, gender nonconforming, genderqueer, bi-gender, two spirit, and other gender identities/expressions (See my page: LGBTQ Affirmative Therapy )
- Loss, grief, and bereavement
- Creating and sustaining intimate relationships
- Coping with major life stresses
- Personal and professional identity
- Building self-confidence and self-esteem
- Increasing assertiveness and relating more effectively with others
What is Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy?
My background includes training, supervision and ongoing professional consultation by psychoanalysts and my modality is psychoanalytic psychotherapy. Unlike cognitive approaches, a psychoanalytic approach is a deeper process which provides powerful, life-changing benefits.