WELCOME. I am a licensed psychologist, PSY28354. My website is designed to provide you with information to help you make a more informed choice in your search for the right therapist. I am also available for an introductory phone consultation, at no charge, to meet and respond to any specific questions you may have.
Psychotherapy provides a unique opportunity to gain insight into how and why you think, feel, and behave in the ways that you do, and this insight can lead to a positive change in your psychological well-being and physical health, including improvement in chronic pain. It is a collaborative process that always respects the needs, working pace, and goals of each person. Valuable feedback from a nonjudgmental perspective, and the wisdom discovered together will lead to new ways of seeing yourself, your relationships, and your world. This new awareness can create the change you are looking for.
My practice focuses on the following problems and areas for growth for individuals and couples:
- Couples who are struggling with fixed and repetitive conflict, poor communication, emptiness and boredom, not feeling valued by one another, sexual problems, and a lack of spontaneity and passion
- Anxiety, panic attacks, worry, and obsessional thinking
- Depression, mood instability, and mood swings
- LGBTQ affirmative care, with a special focus on diverse gender identities/expressions, including transgender, gender nonconforming, genderqueer, bi-gender, two spirit, and other gender identities/expressions (See my page: LGBTQ Affirmative Therapy )
- Loss, grief, and bereavement
- Creating and sustaining intimate relationships
- Coping with major life stresses
- Personal and professional identity
- Building self-confidence and self-esteem
- Increasing assertiveness and relating more effectively with others
What is Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy?
My background includes training, supervision and ongoing professional consultation by psychoanalysts and my modality is psychoanalytic psychotherapy. Unlike cognitive approaches, a psychoanalytic approach is a deeper process which provides powerful, life-changing benefits.